Green Summer Smoothie
This smoothie is very easy to prepare. If you have a spare time of ten minutes, then you can enjoy this 16-oz drink. Plus, this is a healthier version of your typical green summer drink. The mango and arugula will give more Vitamin C and at the same time the pineapple and avocado will give you anti-inflammatory properties. This smoothie also contains healthy fats because of the avocado and coconut milk. You can also add spinach or kale for more fiber, iron and Vitamins C and A.
You will need:
- 300 ml coconut or almond milk
- 200 ml water
- 3/4 cup mango, diced
- 3/4 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/4 avocado
- A handful of arugula
1. Peel the mango and remove the rind from the pineapple.
2. Wash every ingredient.
3. Blend ingredients for at least a minute or until creamy and smooth.
Just pour it in a glass and you are now ready to enjoy your healthy summer drink.
In just 10 minutes, you can enjoy this healthy take of the classic chocolate and strawberry flavored milk. Plus, the coconut water is high in electrolytes and is good for your health. Also, the fresh coconut meat gives you healthy fat aside from the thick and creamy consistency.
You will need:
- A fresh coconut
- A cup of fresh raspberries and strawberries
- Half a cup of ice
- 2 teaspoons pure honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut yogurt
1. Use a hammer and a big knife to crack the coconut open and pour the juice out.
2. Scrape the coconut meat.
3. Blend coconut water and meat, raspberries, strawberries, honey, ice and coconut yogurt.
4. Blend for up to a minute or until smooth. Enjoy!
Chocolate and Berries Crunch Smoothie
Berries are super delicious and are rich in phytonutrients signified by its vibrant and dark color. In addition, berries contain lots of nutrients including anthocyanin which promotes healthy heart, memory, vision and cognitive functions; melatonin which is an antioxidant and a hormone that help you regulate sleep; and, Vitamin C which this smoothie can provide you with because of the strawberries. Also, the cacao nibs in this smoothie will make it crunchy and give you fiber as well as antioxidants.
You will need:
- 140 grams blueberries
- 125 grams cherries
- 125 grams blackberries
- 200 grams strawberries
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- A tablespoon of chia seeds
- A scoop of protein powder
- A handful of spinach
- 240 mL coconut water
1. Wash all the ingredients of this smoothie.
2. Remove the pits from the cherries.
3. You can get rid of the green stems from the strawberries but this is optional.
4. Put all the ingredients into the blender.
5. Blend on a high setting for about a minute or until smooth.
You can add kale or romaine or spinach for an even healthier smoothie. Also, you can substitute the cacao nibs with cocoa powder but use a lesser amount. With the protein powder, you can use pea protein, rice protein, spirulina or hemp seeds. Instead of coconut water, you can try using almond milk (unsweetened) and for the chia seeds, you can opt for flax seeds instead.